Legionnaires’ disease is a severe form of pneumonia with fatality rates between 10-25%. Outbreaks often make news headlines, but according to the CDC, simply following a water safety management plan could prevent up to 90% of Legionnaires’ disease cases in the US.
A GermBlast site-specific water management program follows ASHRAE standard 188 and includes:
- Flow diagrams for portable and process water systems
- Control locations to prevent hazards
- Hazard analysis summaries
- Control limits and monitoring schedules for each control point
- Employee training
- Corrective actions to take when critical limits are not met
- Verification and validation strategies
- Assistance with documentation and record-keeping
- Chemical and equipment recommendations for Legionella bacteria control
We work with facility managers to mitigate the health risks associated with pathogens in water. GermBlast’s water management program can help prevent a Legionella hazard at your facility.